Monday, December 10, 2007

VH!'s Best Week, Ever...




the Shiny Hair edition!

So I feel like I rarely get the opportunity to say this, but last week was my week! Here's the recap:

- Gave my notice at my current job, because I start an awesome job on January 2.
- I ran 2.8 miles all by myself in 40 degree weather, without stopping.
- This week marked not only losing 10% of my body weight, but also 30 pounds.
- Yesterday I ran my first 5K, it was 30 something degrees and it snowed, and there were hills, but I still didn't walk.

I think it's crazy how what you might think are small choices can severely impact your life. I think it was about 6 months ago that I had a small break down. I was so depressed about everything; my job, my weight, my laziness, etc... And in jut a couple of months I've managed to turn it all around.

A year ago if you had told me I would be running a 5K on a Sunday morning in the snow, I would have told you to shut up, and then we would have laughed at how ridiculous that would be.

Let's hope this week can live up to its predecessor!

Here's the 11,000 people waiting to begin this race:


No comments: