Saturday, August 2, 2008

Where we're going, we don't need roads...

I am about to embark on a journey into uncharted territory...

in more ways than one.

This morning I'm running 16 miles. The furthest I have ever run in my life. I hear this one is going to be a hard one. Luckily, my friend, Holly, has been gracious enough to volunteer to ride her bike along side me.

My 14-miler was fantastic! I finished it in 2:40, which is only 2 minutes after my Vancouver Half time. I'm expecting this run to take me well into 3 hours of running... I don't even know how to plan for that.

We're also heading 8 miles out along the Burke-Gilman trail. I've never been more than 3 miles out...

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

How did it go???

Deborah said...

Man....you missed a GREAT documentary the other night. I'm not sure if it's showing again, but be sure and see Ultramarathon Man if it comes through again. Very inspiring! Almost makes me want to run again :)

Almost.