Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I'm not Irish, kiss me anyway!

Our long run this weekend started at Cafe Zoka behind U-Village, then we ran into Ravenna park (trail running is the bomb!), then up into UW, then down to the Burke-Gilman trail, and we followed that along until we got back to Zoka.

I couldn't believe how far we got after only running for 50 minutes or so. I did stop and walk 3 times, but for no more than 30 seconds each time. The first two were as a result of running up a hill. But when i finished the run, I still had energy left. I think I could have kept going...

So maybe that's the answer? A little walking never hurt anybody, right?

My HRM said I burned 783 calories after that jaunt... not too shabby!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ask anybody, the St. Patty's Day Dash was a blast! It was pretty awesome to have Deb show up at my apartment at 7 in the morning where the exact same shirt I was. Great minds think alike! :)

Here's Deb and me at the start:













Here's a pic of Matt and me at start:














and here is Matt's recap of the run

3.58

He has more to say on the topic... my general disposition is:

woo hoo! We got to run through the city and on the viaduct! Here's a pic from Deb:












Pretty sweet, right?

No comments: