Saturday, March 8, 2008

Week 2 - 4 mile Hill Run

Wow! I ran 4 miles! It was surprisingly not much different from running 3 miles... except for that hill part in the beginning. I found that I had pushed way too hard in the beginning, so I was out of mustard by mile 3. I slowed down quite a bit for the last mile. I'm starting to wonder if I had just stopped and walked for 30 seconds if I would have been able to conserve enough enegery to run the rest of the way at a quicker pace? Something to try during my training runs this week :)

I came home, iced my legs, then went for a 2+ mile run with Matt and Jason along Alki. Although this sort of behavior is border-line obsessive, I was fascinated to find that it was more painful for me to walk than to run.

After our run we grabbed some lunch, did some wine tasting, then I was pretty much worthless the rest of the day :)

No comments: